The latest tax, employment, business and economic news affecting firms and individuals alike. Updated each day.
- New data indicates mortgage rates are returning to normal.
- Total tax take for 2021/22 so far is £41.5bn higher than last year.
- Economic recovery expected in late 2024.
- Government plans aim to promote fiscal stability
- The legislation aims to reduce administrative burdens.
- The latest advisory rates for company cars remain unchanged.
- The changes to R&D credits aim to tackle fraudulent claims.
- Some industry leaders praise Autumn Statement measures.
- Economy to recover to pre-pandemic levels in late 2024.
- Additional-tax rate threshold reduced for thousands of taxpayers.